Child Protection Policy
Swift ACI is fully committed to safeguarding the welfare of all children in its care.
It recognises the responsibility to promote safe practice and to protect children from harm, abuse and exploitation.
For the purposes of this policy and associated procedures a child is recognised as someone under the age of 18 years.
All staff and stakeholders of Swift will work together to embrace difference and diversity and respect the rights of children and young people. This policy is linked to our Safeguarding policy and related policies, setting out our duty to protecting children and young people.
This document outlines Swift’s commitment to protecting children and these guidelines are based on the following principles:
- The welfare of children is the primary concern.
- All children, whatever their age, culture, disability, gender, language, racial origin, socio-economic status, religious belief and/or sexual identity have the right to protection from all forms of harm and abuse.
- Child protection is everyone's responsibility.
- Children have the right to express views on all matters which affect them, should they wish to do so.
- Organisations shall work in partnership together with children and parents/carers to promote the welfare, health and development of children.
Filtering and Monitoring of all online systems:
Swift will ensure that appropriate filtering and monitoring checks on academy devices and academy networks to ensure all systems are secure, and risk free from harmful content.
Checks will be carried out on a monthly basis, on all types of device within the organisation, results saved and recorded in the Filtering and Monitoring Tracker.
- Promote the health and welfare of children by signposting them towards healthy opportunities and support services.
- Respect and promote the rights, wishes and feelings of children.
- Promote and implement appropriate procedures to safeguard the well-being of children and protect them from abuse.
- Regularly carry out appropriate filtering and monitoring activity on academy devices and academy networks. to protect our online systems from harmful content.
- Recruit, train, support and supervise all employees to adopt best practice to safeguard and protect children from abuse and to reduce risk to themselves.
- Require staff members to adopt and abide by this Child Protection Policy and these procedures.
- Respond to any allegations of misconduct or abuse of children in line with this and the Safeguarding Policy and procedures as well as implementing, where appropriate, the relevant disciplinary and appeals procedures.
- Observe guidelines issued by our local Child Protection Committee for the protection of children.
- Regularly monitor and evaluate the implementation of this Policy and these procedures.
This Policy and these Procedures will be regularly reviewed:
- In accordance with changes in legislation and guidance on the protection of children or following any changes within Swift ACI.
- Following any issues or concerns raised about the protection of children within Swift ACI
- In all other circumstances, at least every three years.
Managing Director Name: Gregory Morrall
Reviewed on: 15/08/2023
Review Due: 15/08/2024
Reviewed by: Jayne Hipkiss